Monday, June 20, 2016

FroKnowsNoah Icon Design

This is a design I came up with fast one day while following one of the guys working for Jared Polin on his photography website, Youtube, and Podcast endeavors. Noah Friedman a.k.a. "Stop Being Weird Noah!", "Make a Note Noah!", or maybe just about my favorite name he gets to tote on the weekly broadcast of  the "RAW Talk" show, "Shut-up Noah!"

If you have never heard of FroKnowsPhoto.com or Jared Polin for that matter then this short line of introduction from his LinkedIn page will sum it up very nicely!: "FroKnowsPhoto.com is a site dedicated to helping photographers of all skill levels to become better through fun and informative videos and content." Couldn't say it better myself!

Noah is one of the minor major ( major minor? ) players on the show that adds a dimension to the show that cannot be found anywhere in the world thanks to the antics of Todd Wolfe; the "Joker" in this trio of major players with Stephen Eckert pulling off the Ed McMahon roll faithfully and Jared playing "Johnny Carson" in this Bizarro World analogy! You can checkout Noah's through-down here at: http://wordshop101.com. And just for fun, checkout RAW Talk too, but be prepared, no telling what you will hear coming out of their collected mouths!

Noah started a Instagram account and posted behind the scenes shots of the wacky goings on and used Jared Polin's distinctive logo for that account. I thought, "...hay, that's a great idea! But how's about a logo all his own in the flavor of Jareds?!" About two hours later this rough draft was born! So I posted it and haven't heard a word.

My point is this, without a word from outside, the ones inside my head and heart are all still positive! It was great fun putting this together! It was fun trying to figure out how to send it and it felt wonderful to send it off! Every time I think that just maybe it would have been better somehow not to have anything to do with that nagging call to create this, looking at my idea before my eyes and not lost behind them makes me feel so much better!

No comments: