Thursday, July 28, 2016

Shoes, Phones and other Forms of Thought

Have you ever wondered why it is that no one calls anymore? I have wondered this many a day! It couldn't be because of me, right?! (( This photo is called, "In Coming Call" )( https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisborrel/page2/ )). Funny that this could ever be a thing for me you see because I so hate getting calls! It's not that I dislike those who call, not at all. But because of owning a non typically wired brain, to fully get what is being said to me I so need to see the person talking. To watch all the information transmitted, knowing they are doing it or otherwise is unimportant, from faces and untethered hands. I need to hear them with both ears, in full stereo twirling my head in small circles like some barn owl to pinpoint it all. That's if we need be talking.

Of late the love of writing is so satisfying in that both parties take time to compose their thoughts and really read deep what is being penned by the other. And doing so with out the use of text shorthand is all the more joyous because in many ways it is all still very new to me... Master in all things dyslexic.

So I wonder as I watch the world of people flowing around me stuck watching their hand held smart something or another why still no real communication... Why so much time could ever be spent just looking at the world without a comment, but for a smiley face here and there if even. No dialog, and I truly do not think it is because people do not have an opinion... I think that the fear that their opinion would be not "liked" is the real problem. It seems that to not agree on just about any topic these days is equal to all out thermonuclear global warfare! Really?! Even for the "big" issues facing this world for the most part have never been agreed on and will not be put right by us anyway... we keep getting in the way of the fix. But to stop communicating for fear of being thought of as The Worst ( politically incorrect ) or otherwise is the real tragedy... I mean because it is true, opinions are like Volkswagens... everyone has one. So go ahead, take yours out for a spin every once and awhile. If you avoid all the road hazards, remember all the safety rules, drive in a mannerly fashion and don't run out of fuel you may find that your little puttering around could be fun!

No comments: