Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shoot Andy Warhol...

That's right... I said it. Not that I have a thing against the man per se, his art and times or any of it... Don't have a thing against the pop art movement either! He can sell cans of tomato soup until the cows come home for all I care, not my flare but not my bother either. Multicolored Norma Jeans'... why not?

But don't shoot him really, don't kill the messenger. It is with only one very famous quote of his that is, sad to say, very true that I have a problem with... "Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes." The list of persons unimportant from the view of many that this statement makes all their madness seem inescapably is my issue. Really? Just 15 minutes? I think not! Now maybe for the media that alerts everyone to the person or event it may seem like 15 minutes but trust me if you happen to live in or even near "ground zero", that 15 minutes can last for years!

"Kat Von D, also known as Katherine Von Drachenberg, is an American tattoo artist, model, musician, entrepreneur, and television personality" as quoted from Wikipedia... yadda, yadda, yadda! I don't care and had not a clue who she was from this rendition of her in this "cool" poster! Had to look her up looking at pictures of Vegan Club in Google images to find her... don't feel any different that I have. But for me the kicker was the statement in the red lettering... Not that she is stupid by any means, pretty shore she didn't put up this bad poster on "Taggers Rows" most loved building here in Los Angeles! And for that matter, none of the people placed in these posters one could call in anyway stupid if your or I know of them or not! For me the people whos' intelligence quotas are in question are the ones that created these eye sours thinking in some out-of-left-field-thinking ( or not! ) it was a smart thing to do! But how these two SO different things came together on this wall is for me the mind blower! Who'da thought?!

No comments: