Friday, June 22, 2018

Finding Waldo...

Remember that game, puzzle thingee... "Where's Waldo?" It was in a lot of ways to me like life itself, always looking for what did not belonged, at least that's the way I would play the game! Burn Waldos' outline in my mind and scan those maps insearch for that shape... fun right!

On my way through time the game had taken on a differnt role in my mind... finding what didn't belonged took on different shapes and feelings. Not so much what could be easly seen maybe, but are there in scarry little ways that most today with their beady little eyes glued to devices that could very well be smater than they are that go unseen.

Now for some background; Los Angeles to my surprise being named the city of angeles has for itself many a fallen one now best decribed as madd, crazy, touched, or off their rockers. These fall into two general groups, those crack-heads, drunks, and the lost that heard that one could eat well on the Row who haunt the streets of downtown and those that live in the shadows of Hollywood. Now this latter group suffer manny of the same substance problems as the former group but bring an add quality hard to describe, a sertan... a je ne quoi that sets them head and shoulders above my beloved downtown verity!

Take 'Waldo' here, I was just out and about one sunny aternoon on a random Thursday heading home from shopping and... Wam! What does my eye spy but the cousin of "Leatherface" from "The Texas Chainsaw" or maybe the brother of the creepy guy from "The Hills Have Eye's", and the worst part was this sickening sinking feeling that he's out shopping too!! And no one seems to notice him but me and he has made me..! Come on buss, don't fail me now!! All you Yuppies, Guppies and Millennial Hipsters Puppies with those iPhones whatever are on your own! Just remeber, you may not get many bars on that device of yours from within a refrigerator!! What's that movie called again...? Oh yeah..."Get Out!!"
"I see you... with that camera...   "

No comments: