Thursday, June 21, 2018

Wealth is Burden

Maybe this isn't the way we were told this truth but... till the end of time it will still be truth! There's this ancient book full of wonderful insight which inclides this thought, "Sweet is the sleep of the one serving, whether he eats little or much, but the plenty belonging to the rich does not permit him to sleep." -Ec. 5:12. What I got twisted is that this applies not just to the rich but to both the rich and poor! It is not about the idea of 'rich' but this point of 'plenty', maybr better stated as more than I need at this moment!

Strang to recall the clearity gained coming to Los Angeles without anything that could be mistakenly seen as a plan and ending up two blocks east hanging out at the Metro Station homeless two weeks later! As these long days grew into longer nights, what became painfully plain was the less I dragged with me the better off I was. I still feel the pain of making many lesser forms of a "Sophie's Choice" of what would stay and what I would let go of, leave behind... forever.

At the heart of this problem are the thoughts, "could I, should I, would I". Without this understanding all we end up doing; rich or poor, is dragging things/stuff behind us all our days in one way or another... creating one of the greatest burdens for ourselves all by ourselves!

It seems also the fix is just as hard as it is easy, all we need to do is to let go... and simply walk away from it not looking back. Ok now, who wants to go first!!
Can't Do Without!

No comments: